Tuesday, January 08, 2013

My 2012 Recap

I was clearing up my study table when I saw my 2012's planner. I smiled and took it out from my stack of books and magazines. I turned to the first page of the planner only to find a piece of paper glued on the first page with these beautiful words:

"A wise owl sat in an oak,
The more he heard, the less he spoke;
The less he spoke, the more he heard;
Why aren't we all like that wise old bird?"

I still remember the moment when I glued this paper on my planner. I took this from an online children's book. And I learned a lot from it. Simply, it means, talk less and listen more :) Anyhow, I just want to quickly recap some stuffs that happened in my life in 2012.

I had such an amazing year last year... Alhamdulillah.... Early in 2012, I was offered a job as a relief teacher in one of the secondary schools, teaching Math to Year 7 and Year 11. It was really a bitter-sweet experience for me. Bitter because of the workload and bad experiences in handling misbehaved students, and sweet because my students inspired me a lot. I love them all so much that I pray for them each and every day. I learned a lot from my teaching experience; a lot, mentally and physically. Until now, I still can feel that inspiration in me.

It was only a 3-month teaching period when I was offered a Masters programme in UBD. Though I was a bit sad to leave my students but I really want to pursue my dreams. I decided to quit from being a relief teacher and continue my journey. Alhamdulillah, God has helped me through it. I am now in my semester 2. One more semester left after this, and insya Allah, I'll have my Masters next year.

Along 2012, I had many-many beautiful moments spent with my family and friends. Multiple birthday celebrations (not to mention multiple birthday surprises), family gatherings, random Raya outings, multiple girls' outings and such. I also got the chance to meet new friends via Twitter. They are now my family; the Zizan's Twitter Family. I love them all so much that I treat them all as my sisters.

The peak of my 2012 journey was my family vacation to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was really a dream come true when I got the chance to meet my Zizan's Twitter Family sisters and Zizan Razak himself. And he appeared exactly the same like in my dreams before. In his blue shirt!! ^_^ As I have always said in my Twitter, "I associate him with blue".

Each and every day, I learn to appreciate life and explore its beauty. One of the most important things I've gained so far is that when we focus on the positive sides of life, we attract many positive things. Be grateful and say Alhamdulillah. Insya Allah, God will give us what we really need.

So, for 2013, I will continue to explore the beauty of life through new experiences and taking more risks than before. Yes, sometimes it is good for us to look back just to find out whether we have improved or not. I will continue to give love and smiles to those around me, Insya Allah. I will continue my journey towards reaching His light and yes, I will continue my journey to reach my dreams. May God ease my efforts, Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment