Sunday, March 11, 2018

A genuine happiness

Last night, we had a dinner at one of our favourite restaurants in Gadong. It was a quiet night. There were not many customers at the restaurant, thus giving us the chance to have a proper and good meal time. We were both talking about our work and how our day went when we started reminiscing about our past. It was a good reminiscing time as we shared stories of our primary school friends and our friends in the university where we both studied. We talked about how everybody has changed and how people grew up from being our primary school friends and now becoming parents. Then, we reminisced how Ulfah Jannah started and how everyone gathered at the first time. It was at that moment when I told him that I am so grateful having them in my life and how they have changed my way of life. Then he shared, "We actually prayed for you. We all prayed that may Allah eased the way for you to become a Muslim. Our prayers were answered. Alhamdulillah..." I looked at him in the eyes, feeling unsure whether I heard the right words. But, I knew what I heard was right because I could see the sincerity in his eyes when he said it. At the same time, I held back my tears.  I only managed to let out, "Alhamdulillah..." while looking at him, smiling. Then, I told him how I got the hidayah and how I experienced the strong feelings of wanting to become a Muslim. I shared with him how I decided to tell my parents about me wanting to convert to Islam. While telling him my stories, deep down in my heart, my love for my beloved Ulfah Jannah group is getting stronger and I keep praying to Allah to let us all meet again in the hereafter, back as a group of friends in His Jannah. I realized, it's been long since the last time I feel a genuine happiness in my heart. This time, the feeling is quite different. This happiness is the happiness I know Allah has granted to me immediately that night. It felt so special that I could feel Allah is so near :') Alhamdulillah... I looked at him in the eyes again, and I saw all my Ulfah Jannah friends. I smiled, and he smiled, too. And we both know Allah has been there to guide us since the first time we saw each other. May Allah bring us the Ulfah Jannahs together again in His Jannah. Amin...

Buat Ulfah Jannah:

Ya Allah, 
Panjangkanlah umur mereka,
Kurniakanlah kesihatan yang baik pada mereka,
Terangi hati mereka dengan Nur pancaran iman,
Tetapkanlah hati mereka, perluaskanlah rezeki mereka,
Dekatkanlah mereka kepada kebaikan, jauhkanlah hati mereka dari kejahatan,
Tunaikanlah hajat mereka, baik hajat dalam agama, dunia dan akhirat,
Kau temukanlah kami lagi di syurga-Mu...

No comments:

Post a Comment