Tuesday, January 02, 2018

It's January again. Welcome 2018.

Assalamualaikum~ :) Happy New Year 2018! I started writing this post 3 minutes before midnight of 1st January. Can you believe it? It's already 2018! How time flies... 

Looking back, my 2017 was a year full of ups and downs. Firstly, it was the year when my beloved grandfather passed away and since then, everything changed. Things happened to our family and it was more to us being torn apart than getting close to each other. Allah knows how I feel about this, until now. Whenever I think about it, I have tears running down my cheeks. The sudden loss of both of my grandparents within less than a year (2016, then 2017) has led me to suffering from mild depression. However, with the help of my fiancé and of course, continuously seeking help spiritually from Allah, I managed to come back up and reclaim back my normal self. Alhamdulillah... Though at times, I would cry when I miss both of my grandparents...

Secondly, 2017 was the year when I got a new job at a new place. It is still within the education sector but this new job offers me a permanent place. My family and my beloved fiancé were the happiest to know when I got offered. I was happy too. However, at the same time, I was sad because I was leaving my current job at that time. I had a good working environment, good bosses, good colleagues and yes, good pay as well. But then again, I knew it was the right decision for me to leave. I left everything to Allah and tawakkal. Alhamdulillah... It's been 4 months since I started working at the new place and things are going well. Allah is the best of planners.

Thirdly, and the last highlight of 2017, was that I bought a new house for my family. We just moved in last November and has already started settling down. I got to keep the master bedroom, which I have yet to create a suitable theme. This was also a major life-changing decision I have ever made apart from changing my job. This, too, was after I prayed and prayed hard, asking from Allah before deciding. And yes, Alhamdulillah, Allah the Most Generous has granted His rezeki to me and my family. Of course, I am happy to see my parents happy :') That's the best that I can do as a daughter; before I go to the next major, life changing step of my life. 

So, that was pretty much of how my 2017 went. Allah has taken away the love of my life and at the same time, Allah has replaced my loss with something new. May the year 2018 will bring goodness and blessings from Allah SWT, and may I get closer and closer to His Deen. Amin...

Bandar Seri Begawan, where I spent my life since 1992 until last year, before moving out to a new place at the suburbs area.

No comments:

Post a Comment