Thursday, August 22, 2019

Westlife The Twenty Tour (Singapore)

Hi~! ๐Ÿ˜‰  This is going to be an informal and a light blog entry. I feel that I must have this entry post to share. Well, anyway, the picture below explains...



Yes!!! I know right? How exciting it is to see that picture above?! I mean, because I am a fan of Westlife since I was in high school (and since they released their Swear It Again album back in 1999), I can still feel the excitement till now!

So, El texted me about Westlife announcing their reunion and comeback world tour this year AND their plans to involve Asia as part of the tour, AND Singapore specifically was in! I was beyond joy and asked for El's help to purchase the tickets online. I told her to just purchase any tickets. Any seats. Anywhere. As long as I could go there with my husband (who happened to work in Singapore during the scheduled concert date). I knew it would be tough to get tickets once they were on sale but I didn't expect anything. And to my surprise, El managed to get a pair of tickets with good seats! She was also surprised at how easy she got online and purchased the tickets. I was soooo excited because I intended to give the tickets to my husband as belated birthday present. 

Ok, to cut story short, my husband and I went to the Westlife The Twenty Tour concert at the Singapore National Stadium, on the 10th August 2019. And yes, we got realllllly good seats! Good as in we were seated in the most front row of our group (which means there were no one sitting directly in front of us). The concert started at 8:30 pm, with a short video introduction of how Westlife started and how they succeeded for the past 20 years.

As soon as Shane, Mark, Kian and Nicky went up the stage and started singing "Hello My Love", their latest single, the crowd went crazy. Everyone was up and cheering for these four amazing men! My husband and I were on our feet and joined the crowds, enjoying and singing along with their songs. It was a two hours concert, with Westlife performing their top hits from their twenty years period, including Swear It Again, Fool Again, Flying Without Wings, You Raise Me Up, to name a few. It was soooo good to see these guys performed again as a band, though Bryan Mc Fadden wasn't in. Their perfectly harmonized voices, synced dance choreography, properly designed baju and their white suits trademark; really all these factors made Westlife, Westlife. And you know, it's Westlife.

In addition to the already beautiful concert experience, there was a surprise on stage proposal for an Irish couple, followed up with a beautiful performance by Westlife from their new single, A Better Man. And this song is co-written by Ed Sheeran, another fact that makes this song even more closer to my heart (as I am Ed Sheeran's fan too!). I guess I should get tickets to Ed Sheeran's concert one day. Ok, that's it for this post ❤️ My husband and I love Westlife, we grew up with Westlife songs,   Westlife makes our lives beautiful. 'nuff said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment