Tuesday, June 16, 2020

A morning starter at the office

Hi. Today is my first day of work after taking a 2 weeks break. It's been a while since I last took a long leave. My last leave was in October 2019 and I spent my whole leave in Singapore. Oh, how I miss being in that wonderful country. Ever since I started working in 2014, I have never taken a long break without going outside of Brunei for a vacation. To me, a long break from work means flying off. However, Covid-19 changed everything this year. Hence, this year's long break means staying at home. 

So, anyways, this morning, I had a deep and meaningful conversation with my boss. We talked about how an organization works as a team to achieve a common goal. Long story short, my key takeaway from that spontaneous early morning conversation is that we need to understand that people are different. Well, definitely. No matter how wide the spectra of personalities are in this organization, we still need to work together as a team since we all belong to the same organisation after all, and yes, we all have the same goal. No teamwork means there is no way to achieve that goal. He also shared some precious gems from our previous Director who told him that we have to understand the importance of working as a team. Or else, an organization will not grow and it will stay stagnant.  

It was a good morning starter for me (and for both of us, I guess) as our spontaneous conversation led to a positive and open minded way of thinking. I am really glad to have him as my boss. Alhamdulillah, looking back from my previous work experiences as well, I feel blessed because I've worked with many wonderful people, and superb bosses. As much as I've been missing my last workplace before I moved to this organisation, I understand that life has to go on. I am glad that I have the opportunities to expand my wings and widen my horizon. There is always a good reason behind everything that happens. And Allah SWT knows best :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment